About Mike McBride
W. Michael McBride, JD has over 35 years of experience in the insurance and financial services business.
Throughout that time he has served on numerous industry boards, advisory councils, and committees. As President of Mason-McBride, and Mason McBride Capital Advisors, LLC, he leads a diversified insurance and financial services organization.
Mike is also a member/shareholder in Summit Risk Management, LLC which provides risk consulting and specialty insurance program services.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Insurance Management from Ferris State University, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Detroit Law School in Detroit, Michigan, as well as completed an executive development program at the Wharton School of Business.
He is licensed in property/casualty, life, and accident/health insurance in several States and is also an Investment Advisor Representative with LPL Financial, where he holds Series 7 and 66 securities certifications.
Other industry activity includes:
- Michigan Association of Insurance Agents, Past President
- Insurance Agents & Brokers of America-Vice Chairman
- Insurance Agents & Brokers of America-Former National Director, representing Michigan
- Insurance Agents & Brokers of America-Trusted Choice Board Executive Liaison
- Insurance Agents & Brokers of America-Trusted Choice Board Former Chair
- Ferris State University Insurance Program Advisory Board
- Great Midwest Insurance Company LTD, Past Board Member
- Newco Financial Holdings/Great Lakes Casualty Insurance Company, Founding and Past Board Member
- Orchard Lake Country Club, Board Member, and Finance Committee
- Detroit Regional Chamber PAC Committee
- Detroit Athletic Club, Former Member Finance Committee
- Michigan Bar Association
- The Hundred Club of Detroit
- Speaker on Industry Affairs
- Author, Insurance, Financial & Economic Articles