Condo Insurance

Condo by-laws vary in Michigan, but owners are generally responsible for their liability coverage and the interior of their units. Those who own condos may assume that their homeowner's association insurance covers incidents like fires, lightning strikes, theft, and vandalism.

But, likely, your association's insurance doesn't cover things like your personal belongings and improvements.

Your condo association's master policy covers damage to common areas and the exterior of the building, but you may need to buy a separate condo insurance policy called HO6. By getting a copy of your by-laws, you'll know your responsibilities in case of a claim.

We can help you understand the fine print and get you a condo insurance policy that protects your belongings.


Insurance for Townhomes

In addition, it is essential to understand that some townhomes are insured just like condos and require an H0-6 policy to be in place. Therefore, you must have the right insurance coverage if you live in a townhouse.

Mason-McBride is here to help you understand the differences between homeowners' policies and condominium policies.


Is Condo Insurance Required?

Most lenders require you to obtain condo insurance to safeguard your financial interests, like homeowners insurance.

Even if you have paid off your mortgage and purchased the property outright, you might still be on the hook for condo insurance, as many homeowners associations require it.


Get a Proposal

Get an online quote below, or call our office at (248) 822-7170.

Proposal Request Form

  • Max. file size: 98 MB.

Request Your Proposal Here

Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Mason McBride is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!