Homeowners Insurance

As a homeowner in Michigan, your home is one of your most valuable assets and should be protected!

If damage occurs to your home, you need an insurance company that appreciates its unique value and provides the type of quality service you can only get from a local agent.

With Michigan's four seasons and unpredictable weather, homeowners know some things can't be predicted. While Michigan is not prone to many natural disasters, our frigid winters and susceptibility to severe storms make homeowners insurance essential.

Mason-McBride Insurance can help you find the right coverage.


home insurance Michigan


Home Insurance Michigan: Making Sense of It

It can sometimes be challenging, if not impossible, to tell the difference between two home insurance policies if you don't use an independent agent.

Whether you own or rent, home insurance can help protect you financially in the event of a fire, theft, vandalism, or another covered event. For example, you're covered if someone gets injured on your property and wins a lawsuit against you.

Different homeowners policies cover additional losses, have other coverages, and depend on the type of residence you own. So you decide what policy is best for you, whether it's a comprehensive policy that covers fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism, and theft of personal property or a policy that only covers specified losses.


Common Home Insurance Coverages

Here are some common coverages you'll find on a policy:

Dwelling Coverage— This is the portion of your policy that covers damages to the actual structure (main house). The cost to replace your home can change based on the cost of raw materials, labor, supply, and demand.

Other Structures — Covers anything on your property that isn't permanently attached to your house, like fences, driveways, sidewalks, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. It's usually 10% of your Dwelling limit, but you can get more coverage if you need

Personal Property Damage— All your stuff, including clothes, furniture, electronics, and appliances, is covered. Anything that would fall out if you tipped your house over and shook it.

Loss of Use —Covers your living expenses if you have to live somewhere else because your home is uninhabitable.

Medical Expense—Guests are covered for medical expenses if they get hurt on your property, and in some cases, people are covered for injuries on your property. Health care isn't covered for you or other family members.

Personal Liability — Liability coverage kicks in if someone gets hurt or their property gets damaged, and you're to blame. Consider things like how much you make and what you own when choosing your liability coverage limits. Make sure your liability coverage is high enough to cover your assets in case you're sued.

Scheduled Personal Property — You might need special coverage for jewelry, guns, artwork, rugs, etc.


Insurance for all Michigan Cities

Our home insurance policies can be tailored for any Michigan city, including, but not limited to:


Get a Quote From a Michigan Agent:

Every home is unique and therefore requires a carefully crafted policy.

If you’d like us to review your current policy and provide you with no-obligation proposals, call our office, or enter some basic information in the fields below to get started online. Either way, we make the process simple!

Proposal Request Form

  • Max. file size: 98 MB.

Request Your Proposal Here

Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Mason McBride is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!